We may earn money from the purchase of items mentioned in this post.
Be the change you want to see.
Are you sick and tired of the negativity that surrounds you?
I know I am.
I cannot change other people, but I CAN change myself and influence people with my positivity.
Here is a simple challenge that I know everyone can do in just minutes today:
Do something nice for someone else. It can be any act of kindness random or not. It doesn’t even have to cost you any money or much time.
You’d be surprised at the effect one act of kindness can have.
Need some ideas? Here is a short list
- Let someone go in front of you in the grocery line (even if they don’t have fewer things)
- Make an extra special breakfast for your family
- Write a card to a friend you haven’t spoken to in awhile
- Cook a meal for a friend
- Take a treat to your neighbor
- Put change in an expired parking meter for someone
- Compliment someone to their boss
- Leave a server an extra big tip
- Give someone a book you think they’d like
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in awhile
- Put a sticky note with a positive message on the mirror in a public restroom
- Donate blood (the blood banks are really struggling to meet the needs for blood right now)
- Let someone else have the good parking spot
- Hold the door for someone who is farther away than you would usually wait to hold the door
- Send flowers to someone
- Give up your seat on the bus/subway
- Write a thank you note
- Offer to return a shopping cart for someone at the store
There are so many things you can do. The point is just DO something. You may never know how it impacted someone else, but it will and I guarantee it will impact you!
I encourage you to challenge others to spread the love as well. Let’s see how many acts of kindness we can get accomplish!
Feel free to share your act of kindness or other ideas in the comments section. I’m always looking for more ways to share positivity.